Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Youtube and Occupational Therapy

Since starting OT school, I have found and learned to truly appreciate the treasure that is Youtube. Nowhere else can you find a free database documenting all types of diagnoses and even watching therapy in action than this magical land of videos. Youtube can be used to refresh gross anatomy knowledge by watching full cadaver dissections. It can also help you gain knowledge on topics you've either never seen or are not comfortable with in a clinical setting. It can also serve to inspire by watching countless recovery videos of occupational therapy clients recovering from what once seemed like a devastating diagnosis. I will continue to appreciate the value of Youtube as I set out on my future career as an occupational therapist.

1 comment:

cvaughn12 said...

YouTube has been my saving grace!! Such an underrated resource.