Sunday, May 14, 2017

Conceptual Diagram of the Field of OT

When approaching this assignment, I had no idea how to best complete it in order to create creative, shareable content. I was supposed to answer three big questions: What is occupational therapy? What do occupational therapists do? How do occupational therapists think? I could talk for hours about any one of these topics! However, when I think about popular content frequently shared to Facebook timelines or linked to on Twitter, I figured that my conceptual diagram needed to be fun, short, and "catchy". My goals was to add humor to the assignment, much like we learned to insert humor into a therapeutic relationship. I tried to approach this assignment like an OT would approach a problem in order to explain my answer to these questions in a clear and effective way. I was so upset with myself, because at one point in the video I said patient instead of client! I had worked so long and hard on it I decided that it would be too much work to record my voiceover all over again. Overall, this assignment taught be a lot about "OT think" and how to approach a problem as a future occupational therapist.

No comments: