Wednesday, May 10, 2017

My Presentation on Stephen Hawking

It was so fun and educational to present my case study on Stephen Hawking. My group found the information about information about his cheek muscle sensor particularly interesting. They asked lots of good questions and facilitated good discussion. A lot of the information I learned about Stephen Hawking was very technical or medical and the questions that my classmates asked made me realize how much I need to learn about assisted technology in relation to ALS. Some goals I made for my client were to be able to play 3 games with his grandchildren, teach caregivers how to maintain and use the adapted equipment, and help treat some of his depression after diagnosis. I recognized the need for other professions to step in and take over some areas outside of occupational therapy's scope of practice. Overall, I learned a lot about Stephen Hawking and enjoyed teaching others about the advancement of assisted technology in relation to ALS.

No comments: