Sunday, May 14, 2017

Life as an OT Student

This past week was stressful. There were lots of tests, lots of assignments, lots of high expectations, and lots of obligations outside of school. OT school can be hard, but it is not impossible. In reality, the classes I am in now are not as challenging as gross anatomy, but with the promise of summer peeking around the corner my brain, body, and spirit just feels tired. My motivation needs to be filled back up again. However, when I read a story about an occupational therapist touching the lives of others or hear my peers outside of OT school tell me the important work I have set out to do, I am inspired again. School is so necessary to my becoming a competent OT practitioner, but it is not forever. I have so much learning left to do and I will continue to learn and grow in my practice for the rest of my life. When the days are long and hours of sleep are short it is helpful to envision the future where I am finally helping give back life to the clients I will have the privilege to serve. I can't wait until the day I get to put OT/R behind my name! It will be here before I know it!!

No comments: